| Screenshot | Background
A simple yet versatile program for managing your internet traffic in real time.
pyshaper includes a graphical user
interface which you can use to conveniently view/change throttle
settings in real time. Note that pyshaper runs as a daemon, so can
function perfectly in non-graphical environments.
- Linux 2.4.x, 2.5.x or 2.6.x (tested on 2.6.4)
- iproute2 software (with the 'tc' utility) (available with all decent Linux distros)
- Python 2.2.2 or later
- GeoIP (optional, debian package python-geoip)
- A few simple kernel settings, spelt out in the INSTALL file
In addition, if you want to run the optional GUI front-end, you'll need:
- Tkinter (debian package python-tk)
- Tk 8.4 or later - http://www.tcl.tk (debian package tk8.4 (or 'tk8.5'...)
- Python Megawidgets (PMW) - http://pmw.sourceforge.net (debian package python-pmw)
- tcpdump (debian package tcpdump)