Welcome to LUFS-Python
LUFS-Python adds support for implementing Linux filesystems in pure Python.
All you need to do is take the template.py script, add some class
methods to implement your filesystem, save it as (say) myfs.py, then mount it with the
-t lufs none /mnt/mymountpoint -o
- Only works on Linux systems. Don't even think of asking me to provide
something similar for windows
- Presence of a set of header files matching your currently running
kernel. Not an issue if you build your own kernels, or if your Linux
distro provides an accurate set of headers for your current kernel.
- The LUFS framework - build LUFS
from source, against your current kernel. (If you get unresolved
symbols, refer to the README file in one of the downloads below).
- Refer to the README file, as well as the generous docstrings in
example.py and template.py
- Contact me at david at freenet dot org dot nz - please note that
a challenge/response spam filter is in place
- I'm mindlessly busy, so may not get around to answering your
message - please don't be offended if you don't hear back from me in a
- Patches, accompanied by adequate notes, are most welcome, and
I'll act on these much more quickly than on support requests